Castaway's Carrier Oils
With so many beard oils on the market and all of them claiming to offer the most benefits, it can be difficult to decide which one is best for you, without doing hours of research. So, for this post, I'll explain the carrier oils we chose for Castaway, describe their benefits, and clarify why we chose our carrier oils over others.
Coconut oil is well known for being one of the best hydrating and moisturizing oils, infusing your skin with moisture, vitamins, and antioxidants. It also:
- absorbs quickly into the skin
- doesn't leave a greasy, oily residue on your hands and fingers
- leaves skin and hair smooth and silky
- hydrates and moisturizes for hours
- has a very light, nutty scent and is clear in color
- has anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties
- is rich in vitamin E and antioxidants
- has a long shelf life of around 2 years
You will find 100% pure coconut oil in our base of carrier oil in all Castaway Beard Oils.
Golden Jojoba Oil
Golden jojoba oil is made from the crushed seed of the jojoba bush. It is the oil closest in character to our own natural skin oils. With its light golden color, golden jojoba oil is unrefined, and provides numerous benefits. Jojoba oil:
- improves skin elasticity
- strengthens hair and prevents hair damage
- is rich in Vitamin E
- moisturizes and conditions skin and hair
- doesn't feel greasy or leave an oily residue
- softens skin and hair
- is gentle and is tolerated well by most skin types
- absorbs quickly into the skin
- leaves skin silky smooth
- is extremely shelf-stable and is heat resistant
This unrefined, pure 100% golden jojoba oil is also in our base of carrier oil in all Castaway Beard Oils.
Before coming up with our final carrier oil base, we tested over 10 different carrier oils, including coconut, golden jojoba, refined jojoba, hemp, grapeseed, apricot, almond, argan, avocado, kalahari melon, and marula oil. We tested each oil for its:
- consistency and greasiness
- feeling on the fingers during and after application
- rate of absorption
- duration of oil's moisturizing benefits
It took a few weeks of testing oils on beards before we could eliminate some oils and select our favorites. In addition to choosing the best, we narrowed the oils down further to those with the most benefits and longest shelf-stability.
Lastly, we tested all of the possible ratio combinations between our oils to perfect our formula and give you the best possible moisturizing and conditioning benefits in a beard oil. We had our base for our carrier oil and Castaway became a reality!
As Ryan was a test subject with the oils, I was pleasantly surprised at how moisturized his beard was. I just loved how his rough beard became soft, supple, and touchable! On days when he wasn't wearing the beard oil, he complained of his beard being scratchy, dry, and rough.
We hope you love our carrier oil base as much as we do. Castaway Beard Oils not only contain 100% pure, natural oils, but there are also no fillers, no harmful essential oils, and no silicone-based materials in any of our products.
After months of research, I firmly believe we have created the smoothest beard oil - not too oily, not too absorbent, conditions all day long, and has the most original fragrance on the market.
Give Castaway a try! Your satisfaction is our guarantee!